The WSTA has the largest and broadest membership base of any trade association in our sector; multi-channel, multi-category, national and international, start-ups through to global brands.
Industry Matters: Mixing up the drinks marketing approach across the bar
Following on from the success of the ‘Industry Matters’ stage at Imbibe Live 2019, WSET School London has partnered up with Imbibe UK to provide year-round opportunities for the drinks industry to get together and discuss the burning hot topics of today.
Hosted at WSET School London, our next talk will focus on the future of drinks marketing, and the different approaches taken by the wine, spirits and beer categories.
Wine marketers have classically been great at talking about terroir, provenance and pedigree, while spirits brands are famous for big, flashy activations. Craft beer has had success with community building to keep fans loyal, engaging consumers with interesting ingredients and production methods.
But with the emergence of crossover brands (think hopped wines and solera-aged beers), and with many consumers becoming more diverse in their drinking habits, how are drinks marketers adapting their strategies?
Key discussion topics
- What can the different categories learn from each other?
- Are they missing a trick by not working side by side?
- How are 'crossover' brands impacting the categories?
- How category loyal is the modern consumer?
- What does the future of drinks marketing look like?
Taking the form of a panel talk and Q&A, we’ll be chatting to industry figures who’ve made a name for themselves and their brands due to their outside-the-box marketing approaches in their respective categories. We’ll discuss what they’ve tried, what they're working on now, and what you can do, too.
Who’s it for?
- Anyone involved in any form of drinks marketing
- Those looking to share ideas and learn from organisations who have successfully devised disruptive marketing ideas
- Budding entrepreneurs keen to understand how to start marketing effectively
We’ll discuss all aspects of the term ‘marketing’, ask you what it means to you and your business. Most importantly, you'll get the chance to ask the leaders in their field anything you like.
Tickets are £13 per person (includes a welcome drink) and can be booked by clicking here.