The WSTA has the largest and broadest membership base of any trade association in our sector; multi-channel, multi-category, national and international, start-ups through to global brands.
Career talk: Sales Director
Our Career Series returns this February with a panel talk focusing on the role of Sales Director within the UK wine trade.
This competitive position requires exceptional hard and soft skills, including the agility to swiftly adapt to challenges and opportunities and the ability to develop, manage and motivate a sales team.
Successful Sales Directors need exceptional business and commercial awareness, detailed knowledge of different customer types (and how to solve their problems) and an acute understanding of how even the smallest changes in the market might affect targets.
Often, Sales Director roles are held by savvy, dedicated individuals who have successfully made the move from a more junior sales role into strategic and people management. But this is not the only career path available to aspiring Sales Directors. Our panel speakers will discuss their own career journeys as well as the lessons they have learned to their success.
Who is it for?
- You're interested pursuing or progressing a career in wine sales
- You'd like insight into how this area of the UK wine industry works
Key discussion topics
- Available career paths and experience needed to rise to the level of Sales Director
- Unique challenges of selling wine in the UK market, how it differs from selling other products
- Strategies for outshining the competition and keeping customers happy over the long-term
- The importance of relationship building both within your team and with customers
- How to hire, manage and motivate an exceptional sales team
Tom Platt, Sales Director at Liberty Wines Olivia FitzGerald, MD at Majestic Commercial
Tickets are £13 and include a welcome drink. Please click here to book your spot