Wine is looking to recruit a Copy Writer on a permanent full time basis to be
located out of our head office in Theale. This is an exciting opportunity to
work within a small copy team and learn and enhance your existing skills. The
successful candidate will have an interest in wine, ideally be able to
demonstrate previous commercial copy writing experience and definitely have the
ability to persuade.
this sounds like you then read on.
Overall job purpose:
- To provide
effective and engaging wine-selling copy across online and offline channels,
with a consistency of tone and a clear understanding of brand and wine propositions.
- To achieve sales
targets (where applicable for specific offers) and to enrich customer
experience of our wines and services. In short, we need someone who can sell
wine and not just describe it!
- To take responsibility for writing
tasks across all marketing channels, as designated by the Head of Copy
- Research relevant products,
suppliers and regions
- Write creatively and convincingly in
a style that is consistent with core Laithwaite’s brand values
- Understand our customers better to
ensure that copy helps them enjoy the Laithwaite’s experience
- Deliver copy in appropriate form to
external agencies, the web team, printers and all relevant internal departments
- Deliver copy on schedule to ensure
efficient workflow throughout the company
- Actively participate in wine
briefings, creative briefings, planning sessions and other group activities as
- Maintain and develop good
communications with all colleagues within Creative Services as well as buyers,
marketing and merchandising.
- Monitor results of work undertaken.
Required Qualifications, Skills or experience:
- Strong academic background – educated to degree standard or equivalent ·
- Wine knowledge and an interest about learning about wine ·
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills·
- Commercial copy writing / direct marketing experience – or simply the ability to persuade!
Personal Qualities: ·
- Customer focused and business aware
- Ability to write well under pressure and to write for multiple marketing channels
- Team player
- Creative and flexible and commercially aware ·
- An advocate for Laithwaite’s Wine
How to apply
To apply for this vacancy please submit your CV and covering letter, addressed for the attention of Richard Bull to [email protected]